JCA has posted all of the articles that are to be published in a new special issue due out later this year.
The topic of the special issue is: The Financial Crises of 1997-98 and 2008-09: How Different Were They for Southeast Asia? It is guest edited by Rajah Rasiah, Kee Cheok Cheong and Richard Doner. View the titles and abstracts at the Taylor & Francis website for the journal.
The papers included are:
- Crisis Effects on the Electronics Industry in Southeast Asia by Rajah Rasiah, Yap Xiao-Shan & V.G.R. Chandran Govindaraju
- Macro-Economic Policy Responses to Financial Crises in Malaysia, Indonesia and Thailand by Anita Doraisami
- Financial Crises and Automotive Industry Development in Southeast Asia by Richard F. Doner & Peter Wad
- Politics, Economic Crises and Corporate Governance Reforms: Regulatory Capture in Malaysia by Vighneswaran Vithiatharan & Edmund Terence Gomez
- From Asian to Global Financial Crisis: Recovery Amidst Expanding Labour Precarity by Hwok-Aun Lee & Rene E. Ofreneo
- Developers and Speculators: Housing, Ethnic Chinese Business and the Asian Financial Crisis in Malaysia by Kee Cheok Cheong, Poh Ping Lee & Kam Hing Lee