JCA generally follows COPE’s generic ethical guidelines on reviewing.
Reviewing is double-blind which means that both the reviewer and author identities are concealed from the reviewers, and vice versa, throughout the review process.
When invited to review a paper, these broad guidelines are provided:
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR JCA REVIEWERS:
1. JCA uses anonymous/blind review, usually with 2-4 reviewers
2. Ensure that you give the manuscript a constructively critical review in accordance with general principles of good practice; see: (http://editorresources.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/reviewers-guidelines-and-best-practice/).
3. Notify the editor-in-chief if you believe you are associated with the author(s) in a way that makes it difficult for you to keep the required critical distance, or in case of other conflicts of interest you are aware of.
4. Your review should be submitted within four weeks. If you are confronted with unexpected delays please inform the Editor.
5. While we screen papers before sending to external review, we hope that reviewers will alert us to the over-use of first-person writing and any other perceived problems related to style, fit with the journal or poor writing.
6. Log in as reviewer and use the spaces in the peer review system to submit your review comments. You will find spaces for confidential comments to the editor and for comments to the author.